Allstate Moving Companies Tips
Allstate Moving Companies Tips and Procedures:
- Make sure your reserve movers two to three weeks before your move day.
- Always pack and unpack breakables and fragile items over a padded surface.
- Always stack dishes upwards when packing.
- Avoid using printed newsprint to wrap china cabinet contents.
- By law, a moving companies can’t transport hazardous materials such as ammunition, explosives, gasoline, bottled gases and other flammables.
- Clearly label all boxes on top and side.
- Don’t mix items from different rooms in the same box.
- Make sure to tape all parts to the main base when disassembling furniture and other items.
- Pack important and sentimental documents and items separately for ease of access.
- Pack plates vertically, like records. They’ll be less likely to break.
- Pack the items you will need FIRST in a clear plastic container.
- Reserve all elevators, loading docks or parking areas for adequate time periods.
- Take a photo of how your electronics are connected so you can remember how and where all the wires go.
- Try to pack all electronic equipment in their original boxes. Otherwise use bubble wrap when packing these items.
- Use only small boxes for books and heavy items.
- Use moving companies wardrobe boxes to make closets easier to pack. Clothes in drawers can be placed in medium boxes.