Allstate Movers Coverage
Allstate Movers #1 goal is claims-free moves..
Allstate Movers recommends that you consult your homeowner’s insurance policy to find the replacement value of your household goods. Allstate Movers will focus on making sure that your possessions arrive at your new home in the same condition as it left your old one, but sometimes things happen that are out of our control. To give you peace of mind, Allstate Movers offers two valuation options to protect you:
- Allstate Movers Standard Coverage
Standard Coverage is the most economical, and it only provides minimal protection which we provided to you at no additional charge—it’s included in the cost of your move. In the event that anything is lost or damaged, each article is covered for 80 cents per pound (maximum of $85 per article, whichever is less).
- Allstate Movers Comprehensive Coverage
Allstate Movers full coverage plan provides the most complete option to protect your household goods. If an article is lost, destroyed, or damaged while in Allstate Movers custody, we will either: repair the item, replace it with a similar item, or make cash settlement for the cost of the repair or the current market replacement value. Deciding how much coverage is a personal decision and your Allstate Movers move consultant will be happy to help you out with this.
What can affect your coverage? Actions that can limit our liability:
- Packing perishable, dangerous, or hazardous materials in your household goods without Allstate Movers knowledge. Materials might include nail polish remover, various oils, paint… Allstate Movers has packing directions of what you can and cannot pack.
- Packing your own boxes limit your mover’s liability.
- Failing to inform your mover in writing about articles of extraordinary value (china, crystal, silver, antiques, art, electronics…)
- Allstate Movers does not move jewelry, cash, coins, or currency and cannot take responsibility for their loss.